Non emergecy: 610-872-8093

Station

Brookhaven Fire Company runs 1- Quint, 1- Rescue, 1- Squad, 1- Engine, 1- Utility pickup, and 3- Ambulances through one station. The Engine Bay gives access to all 6 of 7 apparatus along with an air bank room, wash room, Engineer’s room, Captains’ Room, and Communication Room aka Watch Desk.

The first floor of the firehouse consists of meeting room, chief’s office and EMS charting room. With 2-stairwells that give access to the 2nd floor.  The second floor consists of a training room, bunk room, crew room, board room, administrative office, relief office, and gym.

A 2-car garage is in rear of the station  is used for storage and houses Utility 52. The firehouse is equipped with backup generator in event of power failure.

Apparatus in Station

Department Leadership

  • Robert Montella Jr.
    Fire Chief
  • Jon Grant
    President

Station History

June 1922, realizing the need for fire protection, a group of residents met at the Brookhaven schoolhouse located at what used to be called “Sneads Corner”, presently the intersection of Brookhaven Road and Edgmont Avenue where the first firehouse was located.

On February 13, 1938 the Brookhaven Firehouse was destroyed by the very thing it was dedicated to combat. The members and residents alike saw the product of their hard work and dreams being consumed by fire struggled to save anything they could.

Meeting at the schoolhouse the members planned the reconstruction of the firehouse, and again was forced to dig into their own pockets. A fund drive was established to help rebuild the devastated firehouse. The community and the members pulled together to help keep the company alive. The new one-room building was constructed at Virginia and Barlow Avenues for a cost of $4500.

In the 80’s, the company refurbished the 63 Hahn, refurbished the rescue with a 1985 Chevy and purchased a 1988 Chevy/KME pumper to add to the fleet. To accommodate the ever growing need for space, a new four bay addition was built to the existing structure that was completed in 1988 by the membership and operated out of this station until early 2000s’.

In 2004, due to the number of apparatus and age of the firehouse, the Fire Company was looking for land to build a new firehouse. Working with Borough Council we were able to secure land next to the Borough Municipal Center and Police Station where the old butterfly garden was originally planted. The members of the station worked with the Borough Council along with families of those which the garden was dedicated, to successfully move the butterfly garden to a more visible and accessible area which is directly across from the firehouse on its own little island. August 2005, Brookhaven Fire Company and Brookhaven Borough Council held a groundbreaking ceremony for the new building. Throughout the year, members from the fire company, their friends and family volunteered their time and talents to build their new firehouse. This new firehouse was 80 percent constructed by the proud volunteers of Brookhaven Fire Company. July 13th 2006 the new firehouse was opened and with many members and friends present, the fire trucks backed into the new station.

On October 17th 2008, monuments were erected in front of the station completing our memorial. One is engraved remembering Chris Kangas, our junior member who we lost on 2002. The other is engraved with the Fireman’s Prayer. Also on display is our firefighter statue with an active hose line into a stone basin. The area is lighted at night and also catches the morning sun.